Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Friends



I chose this program knowing that it was going to be an intensive program. Not many people choose to tour developing countries for their study abroad program.  This program has been intense in the sense of many different ways, but intense in a challenge of living with (sometimes) and spending a lot of time with 15 people. At first I felt very overwhelmed by feeling of constantly being with people; but I have grown to love and appreciate everyone. We have spent an intense 16 weeks together; at times I would have given anything to just be in a room alone. I think this experience has pushed me (and I think others would agree) to challenge how I would normally act and push my comfort zones—I think everyone needs that every now and again and I am a better person because of it. Being in this space so intensively with my classmates has also challenged me academically; forcing me to be the best student that I can be. It has been great to challenge each other and learn from seeing others perspectives.  But most of all I am taking away new friendships that I feel will be everlasting. I hope that I will have the support system of this shared experience and continue to challenge each other in our lives to put into action the things that we have seen and learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment